Why not sign up NOW to become part of the Barnaby team!
To support the parade, art exhibitions and live comedy, music and spoken word events, a LARGE group of volunteers is required – before and during the festival.
Our Volunteer Sign Up form link can be found below.
There are a wide variety of roles, some requiring particular skills and experience, all come with fun and enjoyment of supporting the Festival to happen. There are some roles we would love to get people started in NOW and others we’d love to know you can support with nearer the time and during the festival from 18th to 28th June.
We will be holding a Volunteer meeting shortly after Easter, and arranging briefings and training as required.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED NOW
- If you have copywriting, marketing and/or social media skills we’d love to get you involved in our marketing and PR strategy so we can make sure Barnaby 2020 attracts a great and diverse audience.
- People who enjoy arts and crafts to support workshops preparing the Parade. You don’t need to be an artist, you just need to enjoy helping others as they create! Workshops are held each Tuesday afternoon/ early evening at ArtSpace in Macclesfield, and some Saturdays in other venues during April and May (you can support as few or as many as you are able to)
- Barnaby Town Dressing Team! Join the team that dresses the town ready for Barnaby. We’ll be refreshing the existing banners and bunting, creating some items and getting the dressing ready to install. If you’re a creative type or sewist you might find a niche here. If you like organising stuff you’d be very welcome too. It can be quite physical work so you might want to be sure that your back can take a bit of lifting and shifting. That said, if your heart’s in it we can always find you a job to do!
FROM APRIL 2020
- We’ll be looking for photographers to support us in promoting the festival.
- Support in distributing marketing materials to shops and offices across the town
- Venue Managers: we’ll start briefing and training people to work with artists/performers and tech teams, managing front of house team, liaising with festival team and venues
FESTIVAL TIME 18 – 28 June 2020
- Information and box office staff – welcoming people to the festival, providing information
- Event tech roles, e.g. sound / lighting
- Assistance with installing exhibitions / small DIY jobs
- Front of House teams
- Bar staff
- Parade and event stewards
- Invigilators for exhibitions
Update 21 March 2020: please see our Covid-19 statement here