Barnaby Homemade Parade 20 June 2020
Relive the Watch Party here
Daily Beetle by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution licence (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) Source: http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?isrc=USUAN1500025 Artist: http://incompetech.com/
Barnaby #homemade Parade 20th June 2020
The Barnaby Parade is a chance to party, show off and celebrate our town’s wonderful imagination. Due to COVID-19 it is not safe to gather for our Parade this year, so we’re seeing things differently and are inviting you to parade from your own home or garden, using your home as your float and sharing your creative skills and energy on social media.
How you get involved:
- The theme for 2020 is Vision
- You need to get creative in the comfort of your own home – you could decorate your window?
- We are sharing maker films on this page to offer you ideas and inspiration – why not make a flag? Or some spectacles?
- You can seek more inspiration from our facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/barnabyparade2020/
- You can share your Parade creation and experience via a 10 sec film on social media from 12 midday on 20th June #homemadeparade
- We’ll be having a warm-up parade party event details on-line here and facebook from 11.30am on 20th June
Macclesfield Barnaby Festival is taking the Covid-19 situation very seriously and will not in any way encourage activity that is not safe. Your parade should happen at home and adhere to the current social distancing measures and other restrictions. By sharing your videos and photographs with us on social media, you give consent for yourself and anyone else featured in the film/photograph to be featured in our film.
Your home is your float
For the #HomemadeParade, we are inviting the people of Macclesfield to create a parade entry in their home. We want you to decorate your windows, porches, gardens, balconies, or any space that you have in your home to celebrate our theme of Vision.
Your home will become your float or parade entry.
- Get ready to parade from the comfort of your own home
- Decorate windows, front door or garden for parade day.
- Perhaps make a flag, a banner or some spectacles?
Create your parade! The big Macc ‘make-a-long’ resources
Looking for some creative inspiration? Make-along with four virtual creative workshops at time that suits you. The videos will go live at 11am on this page, on these dates – you can watch and create live, or on demand!
- 11th June: Making eye-catching flags & banners (click here)
- 13th June: Macc Visionaries – Words to make the future with (click here)
- 16th June: Eye spy! Make Barnaby Binoculars
- 18th June: The eyes have it! Get ready to parade!
Homemade Parade Day – 20th June
On Saturday 20th June from 11.30am we invite you to join our ‘ virtual watch party’ here at barnabyfestival.org.uk
We will warming up for the start of the parade with parade makers, music and maybe some dancing! There will be time for some last minute making and to get excited for the #HomemadeParade!
Then at 12 midday we’ll ask you to start parading in your homes and gardens. You can stay tuned in to the watch party for a great parade playlist!
We’re also inviting you to capture the moment!
Capture the moment!
We invite you to share a 10 second clip or photographs of your Homemade Parade with us via social media using the hashtag #HomemadeParade.
We’ll put all these clips into one big video to remember this historic Macc moment!
If you don’t want to share video/photos with us, you can still take part in the Homemade Parade
Share your #HomemadeParade moments with us at:
FB Parade Group: search BarnabyParade2020
Please note, by sharing your videos and photographs with us on social media or by email, you give consent for yourself and anyone else featured in the film/photograph to be featured in our round up film.