Would you like to help design an artwork for the next Macclesfield Barnaby Festival?
Would you like to gain experience of making arts and culture happen in a festival environment?
Would you like to meet other like-minded people in Macc?
Macclesfield Barnaby Festival (MBF) are looking for a group of young people aged 15 – 21 to work with Barnaby’s Participation & Learning Coordinator and the festival team to present an exciting digital artwork on the theme of ‘Vision’ at the June 2020 festival.
As a Barnaby Young Producer you will:
- Have your say about Macclesfield Barnaby Festival, what would you like to see?
- Meet with the Barnaby Young Producers group on two Mondays per month, 6-8pm at a location in central Macclesfield.
- Develop skills in arts producing, including arts marketing; diversity & inclusion; digital producing; programming; and evaluation – all great for CVs!
- Gain experience of working with artists.
- Design and take part in a Creative Lab weekend and field trips chosen by you and your fellow Barnaby Young Producers.
Find out more and say hello!
Join us on Monday 21st October at the The Old Sunday School Heritage Centre from 6.30-8pm to find out more about Barnaby Young Producers and how to apply. The session will be led by Lauren Wilson, Barnaby’s Participation & Learning Coordinator, and there will also be a chance to hear from guest speakers about their experiences of youth arts leadership and producing.
This is a free event and everyone is welcome. Please reserve your place here so we can bring enough refreshments!
If you can’t make it on the 21st October, don’t worry – keep your eyes peeled for information about applications.
Details of the application process will be available soon, stay tuned to the website, our Twitter (@BarnabyFestival) and Instagram (@barnabyfestival)!
Please email Lauren at participation @ barnabyfestival.org.uk with any questions or queries.